Respawn Entertainment recently announced that they’ll be injecting a ton of new (and hopefully free) content into Titanfall 2 in the coming months. “A Glitch in the Frontier” is coming.
So far what’s been confirmed is:
- 2 more general multiplayer maps
- 2 more Live Fire Maps
- A new Titan
- Two more purchasable Prime Titans: Ronin and Tone
On top of that, these are the incoming changes that players can expect to see in-game:
- Gen cap increase to 100
- Expanded Private Match settings including the addition of Live Fire and Coliseum to the selectable modes
- A new Faction
- Marked for Death game mode
- More Pilot executions
- Additional refinements to matchmaking like estimated wait time and more
- More purchasable camos, skins, etc. from the store
To kick things off, details of their next DLC, ‘A Glitch in the Frontier’, was announced today and will be free to all players on 25 April. Check out the trailer below:
The free DLC will feature two new maps – “Glitch” and “Deck”, a new M.R.V.N Faction and an execution move called “Get to the Point” which looks just as impressive as it sounds!
A Glitch in the Frontier Updates
Copied directly from the EA announcement for your convenience.
- A medium-sized map designed for objective modes and inspired by Captain Lastimosa’s home planet of Harmony. Vertical drops and long, twisting paths dominate the environment, perfect for chaining together long wall runs to seamlessly glide across the map
Deck Live Fire Map
- Tight interior spaces, exposed courtyards, and watchful drones circling overhead. You may see a M.R.V.N. or two puttering around in the background…
- M.R.V.N. Faction
- Marked for Death game mode. We’ll be introducing this as a featured mode around the launch of Glitch in the Frontier update.
- Update to the Main Menu
- We spruced things up a bit with a new look and tiles for news and other cool stuff we want you to check out.
- Max Gen increase for Pilots
- You will now be able to Gen to 100.
- New Gen icons for your callsign. You will receive a new one for each 10 gens you achieve.
- Ability to choose between Prime and regular executions for Titans
- New execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]
- Live Fire mode added to Private Match options
Source for images: Titanfall 2 Official Site